Subarnapur District, additionally known as Sonepur District or Sonapur District is an administrative district of Odisha state in japanese India. The city of Sonepur is the district headquarters. Many loosely name the individuals of Sonepur area as Sonepuria.
In accordance with historians the Subarnapur district was referred to as Paschima Lanka or Western Lanka across the 10th-11th centuries.The proof comes from a copper plate constitution issued within the late 10th century by a Somavamsi prince named Kumara Someswaradeva of Subarnapur district.
The Prince had recognized himself because the king of Paschima Lanka. It was additional discovered that the Mahada copper plate grant of Kumara Someswaradeva was registered on the financial institution of river Chitrotpala (Mahanadi) and close to to the province of Lanka. The presiding deity of Paschima Lanka was goddess Lankeswari.
This district earned the identify “Subarnapur” in the course of the time of Somavamsi ruler. The district was established in 1993.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Subarnapur one of many nation’s 250 most backward districts (out of a complete of 640).It is without doubt one of the 19 districts in Odisha at present receiving funds from the Backward Areas Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Videos Of Subarnapur District
- Sub-divisions: Sonepur and Birmaharajpur
- Tehsils: Sonepur, Binika, Rampur, Birmaharajpur, Tarbha, and Ullunda
- Blocks : Sonepur, Binika, Tarbha, Dunguripali, Birmaharajpur and Ullunda
- Municipality : Sonepur
- N.A.C. : Tarbha and Binika
In accordance with the 2011 census Subarnapur district has a inhabitants of 652,107, roughly equal to the nation of Montenegro or the US state of Vermont. This offers it a rating of 512th in India (out of a complete of 640).The district has a inhabitants density of 279 inhabitants per sq. kilometre (720/sq mi) .Its inhabitants development price over the last decade 2001-2011 was 20.35%. Subarnapur has a intercourse ratio of 959 females for each 1000 males, and a literacy price of 74.42%.
Subarnapur District is understood for its influentially wealthy cultural heritage, arts and crafts. As an example, textiles and terracotta of Sonepur, Brass metallic works and Philigri crafts of Tarbha and Binka, Stone carving of Ullunda and Paddy crafts of Dunguripali are acknowledged all around the state and likewise in nation. As well as, the good poet and prophet of Mahima Dharma, Santh Bhima Bhoi was from this district. Moreover, Subarnapur space is known for ‘Danda-nata’, a spiritual people custom typically carried out within the month of Chaitra.Traditionally Sonepur area was referred to as Paschima Lanka.
Temple city, Sonepur
- Paschima Lanka
- Lanka Podi
- Sasisena Kavya
- Sasisena Temple
- Sureswari Temple
- Subarnameru Temple
- Lankeswari Temple
- Mahima pitha, Khaliapali
- Gyaneswar Baba Shiv temple and dwadasa jyotirlinga(museum) at Kenjhiriapali village close to ghungi river (birmaharajpur block).
- Metakani Temple, Ullunda
- Patali Srikhetra, Kotsamlai
- Rushyashrunga hill, at Goudgad jungle (border of subarnapur and sambalpur)
- Papakshya Ghat, Binka
- Kapileswar temple, Charda
- Rameswar Shiva Temple on the Sangam of river Mahanadi and Tel.
- Lord Sri Sri Swapneshwar Temple, Goudgad of BirmaharajPur Block.
- Thengo Irrigation Challenge of Birmaharajpur Block. (A VISITORS PARADISE)
- Maa Umadevi Temple and Siddheswar Temple [Kadodar]
- Maa Ramachandi & Baba Raneswar Temple, Telanda .*godhaneswar shiv temple*sunaribeni shiv temple.
- Gupteswar Baba Temple, Gailmura-ULUNDA
- Bhimtangar(Prachin Mandir), Gailmura-ULUNDA
- Sambalpuri pata Sari
- Kailash Chandra Meher, Eminent Painter awarded Padma Shri by Govt. of India.
- Nila Madhab Panda, movie maker and director of I Am Kalam.
- Sabyasachi Mohapatra, Odia movie director and producer.
- Jitamitra Prasad Singh Deo
- Kapileswar Prasad Mohapatra, Eminent author of Sala Budha sequence.His two tales has been made into function movies .Each the movies have been chosen in Indian Panorama part.Sala Budha had been awarded 6 Odisha State Movie Awards together with Greatest Movie.He has additionally been awarded Greatest Social Employee in Jan 26 parade by Sonepur Administration prompting the Odisha Govt to suggest for Padmasri that he did not get from Middle.
- Chaturbhuj Meher, awarded Padmasri for Sambalpuri Handloom weaving or Sambalpuri Baandha.Sambalpuri sarees, costume supplies are well-known for its wealthy color values and softness.
Schooling in Subarnapur district
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya,Tarbha
- Sri Aurobindo Shikshyakendra, goudgad, po- amarpali
- Ganapati Adarsha Shikshya Niketan, Biramaharaj Pur
- Swami Vivekananda Adarsha Vidyalaya,Khandahata
- Maa maheswari faculty,Khambeswaripali
- Anchalik Uchha Vidya Pitha, Kenjhiriapali (birmaharajpur).